By MT Tech Sports Information.
KANSAS CITY, Mo.- The NAIA (National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics) has released the latest Football Coaches’ Top 25 Poll.
The Orediggers (2-1) moved up one spot to No. 15, after a 49-31 win over Easter Oregon University this past Saturday.
The No.15 ranking is the highest the Orediggers have been under fourth year head coach Kyle Samson.
The top 3 schools on the list didn’t waiver. Northwestern (Iowa) remains No. 1 in the country at 3-0, and recieved all 18 first place votes. Number 2 is Grand View (Iowa) who also is undefeated, as is third place Morningside (Iowa). Keiser (Fla.), last week’s No.4 team is one of a handful of schools that fell over the weekend, allowing Montana Tech (and others) to climb up the poll. Reinhardt (Ga.) who was No. 14 last week, dropped from the poll with a loss.
The Frontier Conference is very well represented, with the College of Idaho at No. 7, Carroll College at No. 10, Montana Tech at No. 15, and Montana Western is receiving votes.
The Frontier Conference will have one of the biggest games in the country this Saturday, when the Orediggers welcome the College of Idaho to Alumni Coliseum for a noon kickoff.
Get your tickets HERE.
- The ranking was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league or division.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each rater ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”