The Elks District Hoop Shoot Contest will be held November 5 at the Maroon Activity Center. The registration deadline is Tuesday, November 1. The age groups are 8 and 9 years old, 10 and 11 years old, and 12 and 13 years old. The shooter’s age group is determined by their age on April 1, 2023.
There are separate contests for boys and girls. The girls will shoot at 10am and boys will follow at approximately 11:30am. The boys’ start time estimate will updated after entries are finalized. To enter, call or text Don Foley at 406-490-8668 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the shooter’s name, school, birthday, and parent/guardian contact information when registering.
1. Each player gets 25 free throws, split between two rounds. This will be 10 in the first round with up to 5 warmup shots, and 15 in the second round with no warmup shots.
2. All players will use a 28.5-inch ball, except for 12-13 Boys, who will use a 29.5-inch ball.
3. The 8-9 age group will shoot from a line 4 feet in front of the free throw line.
4. A player may only bounce the ball 4 times between shoots. Bouncing it more results in a miss being recorded.
5. Age groups are determined by a players age on April 1, 2023. So, all players must be born between April 2, 2009 and April 1, 2015.
6. Age group winners will advance to the district contest in Dillon in January.