The Elks District Hoop Shoot Contest will be held Saturday at the Maroon Activity Center.
The event is usually open to only winners of school contests, but since some schools are unable to hold a contest this year, it is open to all who register. The registration deadline is Wednesday
The age groups are 8-9, 10-11 and 12-13. The players age group is determined by their age on April 1, 2022. There are separate contests for boys and girls.
The event will start at 11 a.m., but each age group will be assigned a time after the entry list is finalized. To enter, call or text Don Foley at (406) 490-8668 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the shooters name, school, birthday, and parent/guardian contact information when registering.
- Each player gets 25 free throws, split between two rounds. This will be 10 in the first round with up to 5 warmup shots, and 15 in the second round with no warmup shots.
- All players will use a 28.5-inch ball, except for 12-13 Boys, who will use a 29.5-inch ball.
- Due to COVID, players may bring their own ball or one will be provided.
- The 8-9 age group will shoot from a line 4 feet in front of the free throw line.
- A player may only bounce the ball 4 times between shoots. Bouncing it more results in a miss being recorded.
- Age groups are determined by a players age on April 1, 2022. So, all players must be born between April 2, 2008 and April 1, 2014.
- Age group winners will advance to the district contest in Dillon on Jan. 15.