OUT-SEASON: LB Na’a Moeakiola, WR Kurt Davis, LB Wyatt Christensen. OUT-INDEFINITELY: S/CB James Nelson, DL Zach Hutchins, OL Christian Williams. POSSIBLE/PROBABLE: WR Jon Ellis, TE Tiai Salanoa.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK NOMINEES
Offense – WR Tanner Bleskin (6-4, 218, Sr, Great Falls, MT)
Senior receiver Tanner Bleskin recorded his fourth 100-yard receiving game of the season, two from the school record, catching nine passes for 116 yards at Eastern Washington Saturday. On MSU’s second scoring drive of the day Bleskin caught four passes for 70 of the drive’s 84 yards, including an eight-yarder for the score. Bleskin’s 187 career receptions is 14 from the Big Sky’s top 10, and his 2,705 career receiving yards is ninth-most in Big Sky history.
Defense – none
Special Teams – RS David Dash (5-7, 174, Jr, Fontana, CA)
Filling in for injured return man Jon Ellis, junior David Dash returned six kickoffs for 131 yards at Eastern Washington Saturday. He also caught a pass for nine yards.
• DeNarius McGhee’s 330 passing yards at Eastern Washington raised his career total to 10,853 yards, moving him past Travis Lulay for a new Bobcat record and into sixth place in Big Sky history.
• McGhee now has 11,828 career yards of total offense, 377 yards from Lulay’s school record of 12,205, and is now fifth in Big Sky history in that category.
• Cody Kirk’s two touchdown runs against Eastern Washington give him 18 for the season and 47 in his career, a record he extends with every score. He is two touchdowns from tying the MSU school record, which would boost him into the Big Sky top 10.
• Kirk has scored exactly two touchdowns in three consecutive games, and has scored in seven straight.
• Kirk’s career rushing total of 3,328 is 318 yards from the Bobcat record, and he is just less than 400 yards from joining the Big Sky Conference career top 10.
• Kirk has rushed for at least 100 yards in three straight games and five of the last six (the game he didn’t hit 100 yards was at Weber State, when he rushed for 95). He has six 100-yard rushing games this season, and his 16 career 100-yarders is one short of Ryan Johnson’s school record.
• Brad Daly registered one sack at Eastern Washington to raise his season total to 13, the fifth-best season in school history, and his career mark to 33, fourth-best in Bobcat history.
• Eastern Washington scored on every offensive possession Saturday except its final, when it ran out the clock.
• The Bobcats have compiled at least 20 first downs in every game, and the 30 first downs Saturday was the second-highest total of 2013.
Offensive Player of Week: WR Tanner Bleskin (Great Falls, MT)
Defensive Player of Week: none
Special Teams Player of Week: David Dash (Fontana, CA)
Offensive Scout of Week: OL Doug Hansen (Trabuco Canyon, CA)
Defensive Scout of Week: LB Rob Walsh (Twin Bridges, MT)
Special Teams Scout of Week: Vince DiGiallonardo (Polston, MT)
— MSU Sports Information